Image Map

Mickey and Minnie and Ice Cream, Oh My!

 25 August 2011

So we did it. We took our one-and-a-half-year-old to Disney World in the middle of August and lived to tell about it!

As I've mentioned before, there was no amount of sun or sweat (and we had our share of both) that was going to stop me from introducing Autumn to the ones she adores, Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I had been waiting for this moment for months, planning it out in my head. Imagining her reaction, the look on her face, hearing her little squeals of excitement. I was more excited about this trip and this moment then every other trip to Disney World I have ever taken. Thankfully, it was everything I imagined it would be.

She was not scared, she was in awe. Her little eyes huge with excitement. Upon seeing Minnie her little hand shot out in a point and then I heard it, "MINNIE!!", the squeal I had been waiting for. At that moment, in her world, there was nothing better. Seeing her, in all her excitement and wonder, made my heart smile.

We spent the rest of the day riding the rides and watching the shows. Autumn enjoyed it all and took everything in, but I know nothing else that day compared to her visit with Mickey and Minnie Mouse, except maybe the Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream.




4 comments:

  1. Dana from HancockHeir:
    so cute! I can't wait until we can take Aydan to Disney World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!
    Aww how adorable, I am so glad you took your little munchkin to DW, I bet she loved it!! What's not to love about Minnie and Mickey :)
    We have been to Disneyland twice now and are planning our third trip for next December, Liam will be nearly 2 by then and I know how fun it will be for him :)
    Did Autumn get some ears?
    (I love her name, it's so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you survived, Disney in August can be brutal! I'm following through the weekend blog hop! Check me out and follow back at http://materialgirlgreen.blogspot.com
    p.s. I love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete