Image Map

DIY: Valentine's Day Argyle Wreath

 30 January 2012

I love decorating for holidays! Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, I'm not partial I decorate for them all! Usually I have no problem finding cute decorations for the various holidays, but Valentine's Day has always given me trouble. Not wanting to leave this all important holiday out, I decided to do a little research and see what I could find. So I turned to my trusty Pinterest account.

I came across this pin and tutorial and thought this would be a perfect addition to my dwindling collection of Valentine's Day decorations, so I got to work.

You will need: A foam wreath, gray yarn, two sheets of different colored felt (I used red and white), glue sticks, a glue gun, a heart shaped cookie cutter and scissors.



I apologize for the lack of pictures, in my eagerness to finish the wreath I forgot to document how I got from start to finish, but here are the steps.

  • Begin by wrapping the gray yarn around the wreath. Tedious, yes, but well worth it in the end. Once wrapped snip off the end of the yarn with your scissors and glue to the back of the wreath.
  • Place the cookie cutter onto the felt and use this as a guide to draw the heart shapes onto the felt. I drew seven hearts on each piece of felt. Once all the hearts are drawn begin cutting them out. 
  • Place the cut out heart shapes onto the wreath, spacing them out to your liking. 
  • Using the glue gun, glue each heart down onto the wreath.
  • Give the hearts a few minutes to dry. 
  • Glue the end of the cut strand of yarn to the back of the wreath. Begin wrapping the strand of yarn around the wreath crossing over the middle of each heart. 
  • Once each heart has the strand of yarn over it, reverse directions and wrap the same strand of yarn over each heart, creating an "X" in the middle. 

  • Once finished, snip the end of the yarn and glue to the back of your wreath. 


Voila! An Argyle Wreath perfect for Valentine's Day!








3 comments:

  1. That is so creative. You did a great job!! I've pinned this :)

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so darn cute!! It doesn't look too hard either. Maybe this is a craft that I will actually try to tackle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete