Now, with it being that hot and humid out, one might consider making a nice place on the couch and camping out inside for the weekend. I am inside a building 40 hours a week, so I didn't really want to do that. I'm also not stupid. I didn't think that most outdoor activities would be a good idea either, so this morning I sat in the air conditioning thinking. And thinking. And thinking.
Then it occurred to me. While we do not own a pool, I did buy a kiddie pool for Autumn last summer. A kiddie pool that is unopened and hiding somewhere in the depths of her closet. So off I went on my mission to track down this pool and then convince Steve to blow it up.
Luckily, it didn't take me too long to drag the pool out of the back of Autumn's closet and it also didn't take much to convince Steve to blow it up. One quick trip outside to check the mail and he was on board. We decided to run a few errands in the morning, put Autumn down for a nap and then set the pool up then.
That was perfect timing. Autumn was in a good mood after her nap and while it was still hot out, it was starting to cool off, some. We set the pool up in the backyard and while Autumn and I played in the cool water, Steve grilled burgers and corn on the cob for dinner, every once in a while coming over to stick his feet in.
We ate dinner on the back porch, in our bathing suits, dripping wet.
A gazillion degrees or not, it turned out to be a great summer day!

That sounds like a perfectly fun day. And when it's just a spontaneous, spur of the moment thing...it's even better!
ReplyDeleteExactly! It was perfectly unplanned! It is amazing how much time I put into trying to plan the memories instead of just letting them happen!
Deletethat is one sweet little pool! autumn is adorable in her suit!!
ReplyDeletei'm glad you could cool off a bit. i'm with ya on the gazillion degrees. it is so so icky here lately. our electric bill will be "just lovely" all summer, i'm sure. lol
wishing you and your loves a wonderful fourth of july, kim!
xoxoxo
maria <3
That pool is pretty impressive! Hopefully this weekend will bring a break to some of these temps!
DeleteI hope you guys had a great holiday!
I love the tutu suit! So cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteI love the pool! Do you remember where you got it?
ReplyDeletewww.greatproofreading.com
Affordable blog proofreading for when your blog has attracted too many followers to pretend it's okay because no one's going to see it.
Thank you, Autumn loves it! I got it last year, on clearance, at Target :)
DeleteThat sounds so great and so very hot too!!! Glad you got in the pool with her, you need to cool off in heat like that! And here we are in winter at the moment :(
ReplyDeleteCute pics, Autumn would have had so much fun in the water, I bet!!