Image Map

Have I ruined her?

 17 January 2012

In the past we have covered some of my OCD tendencies (see here). I whole heartily blame my mother for this overwhelming need to keep my daughter spotless at all times. You see, she did the same thing with my sisters and I, and as much as I hated this growing up, I have failed to break the cycle.

Actually, I think I may have put the cycle into over-drive and possibly ruined Autumn for life.

Here is my evidence. My daughter loves things to be in a straight line, especially her bath toys. She pulls her sleeves up before eating (wonder where she learned that? Bueller? Bueller?) She cannot stand for her hands to be dirty, and what is probably the most damning piece of evidence that my obsessiveness has ruined my baby for life...

My two year old loves to clean. Seriously.

Cleaning actually makes Autumn happy. She will ask me for a baby wipe and walk around the house with it "cleaning things". She will wipe down the couches, the floor, her toys, the dogs. She will "wipe" Elmo's nose or "clean" his hands. And once she feels that Elmo has been adequately wiped down, it's my turn.



Maybe my two year old is trying to tell me something, or maybe I have passed on this obsessive compulsiveness to my baby. Either way, I am sure that Autumn will blame me for it, to which I will tell her, it's her Grandmother's fault!

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't start therapy till she hit 7 ;) I'm sure she'll be fine :)Cute pics and as always...kick ass blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be willing to bet she's juuuuust fine.

    I kinda wish my mom would have made me clean more when I was younger.

    Cause then, well, those dishes wouldn't be sitting in the sink looking at me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries at all! I wish I was more stringent with the kid and cleaning! I am slightly OCD about cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you haven't ruined her lol but yes it may be passed on genetically, although I think everyone has a little bit of OCD just that mine is not with cleaning and I wish it was!!
    She is so very cute, I love visiting your blog and seeing pictures of her :)
    Thanks too for your sweet comments on my recent posts, you always make me smile when I see that you have popped over to my blog! I love your blog too and don't like to miss any posts (although I am sure I probably do, unfortunately I can never keep up with my reading).
    Have a great day Kim!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of my girls went through this phase. Unfortunately, it has passed. They're still nearer than most kids but they aren't crazy about it anymore. I wouldn't worry about Autumn. You're a great mommy! She'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete