Image Map

DIY Infused Sugar

 09 October 2011

I came across this pin on Pinterest and thought it seemed simple and would make a cute gift, so I got to work!

I started with two pretty, unsuspecting oranges...


 I collected the zest from both oranges into a small bowl and let it dry out overnight.

 








After the zest was dry, I layered it with sugar in a seal-able jar. Once layered the sugar needs to sit, sealed, for one week before it can be used.



The finished product!
** I chose to infuse this sugar with orange zest, but there are several options to choose from, including lemon, lavender, and coffee beans **


My first attempt at baking with the infused sugar! I made a Citrus Cream Cake!


Enjoy!












3 comments:

  1. This looks great! I could have some today!:) Take care and have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! Feel free to link this post up to my Make Yourself Monday blog hop! :o)


    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh...I so want to make some lemon infused sugar. YUM! Can't wait to try this out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete