Image Map

Presidential Welcome!

 29 October 2011

Mama G over at Growing up Geeky posted about receiving a Presidential greeting after the birth of her daughter! Now, regardless of your political affiliation, you have to admit that is a pretty unique addition to any baby book!

When I began reading Mama G's post, I was so excited! This was something that I definitely wanted to request for Autumn, but as I began scanning the steps that Mama G took to get her daughter's greeting I noticed one disclaimer. The request for a Presidential greeting had to be made within the first 12 months of your child's life. Crap, Autumn is 21 months old! Why, oh why didn't I know about this 9 months ago!

So, I began researching the process of obtaining this greeting. There had to be a loophole! But, alas, everything that I read did confirm that the request had to be made before the child's first birthday, except one! I found one reputable website that stated that the child needed to be born within the sitting President's administration. Perfect! That was all I needed to read. I sent off my request, and figured if it worked, it worked, and if it didn't, at least I tried, right?

I arrived home yesterday, checked the mail as I always do, and what was waiting for me inside? An envelope addressed to my precious daughter from the White House!



I was so excited! I carefully opened the envelope with a letter opener (which I never use) and pulled out Autumn's greeting from President and Mrs. Obama!





This will be going straight into Autumn's baby book, as soon as I show all of our family and friends, of course!

Here is how to get your own Presidential greeting for your little one:

1.) Must be a US Citizen
2.) Baby must have been born within the sitting President's administration (per my experience)
3.) Provide the following information in the request: The name of your baby, the address of your baby, how you would like the envelope addressed (Mr., Miss), the date of your child's birth (month, day and year), and the name and phone number of the person making the request.
4.) You can mail the request to:

The White House
Attn: Greetings Office
Washington, DC 20502-0039

Or fax to 202-456-2461

Autumn's greeting took about 7 days to get here, but they do warn that it can take around 6 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. How cool is that!! That is definately a keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool... ! :) I'm gonna try it too! Thanks so much for info!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. :) I just may do that for Taylor too!

    ReplyDelete