Image Map

My little Rapunzel is THREE!

 19 February 2013

On February 10th my beautiful, articulate, wise beyond her years daughter turned three! I cannot believe that  she has been in our lives for three years. In some ways it seems as if she just made her entrance into this world, in others I feel as if I have known her forever. She is the light in my day. Watching her wake up every morning, with her bed head and sleepy yawns, and go to bed every night, always remembering to say "Love you Mommy" is one of the greatest blessings I have been given. I am so lucky that she chose me.

Autumn chose the theme that she wanted for her birthday party this year and not surprisingly that was Rapunzel. As soon as she had narrowed it down (it took awhile) and told me her final choice, I got to work. Knowing I was going to have a newborn at home by the time that Autumn's birthday rolled around, I got to work early.

For Autumn's Elmo inspired birthday party last year I ordered the decorations from Amber at Party On! Designs. I was so pleased with them that I immediately turned to her again this year and once again, she did not disappoint!





For an added touch I created Rapunzel's hair using yellow yarn and purple ribbon. One strand hung from our light fixture and the other laid across the cake table.


The party favors were inspired by Autumn's favorite candy, Skittles. Party On! Designs created the thank you tags and I added purple ribbon to finish them off!


Of course, every birthday girl needs a party dress, so I thought it only appropriate that this birthday girl be dressed just like her idol.



And baby brother got dressed up for the occasion too!


Autumn's Rapunzel inspired third birthday party was a hit! We had a fabulous day with wonderful people celebrating my favorite little girl! It doesn't get any better than that!




1 comment:

  1. happy birthday to Autumn!! She is adorable! You did a fabulous job with her party - LOVE the yellow yarn hair decor...such a great idea!! And Nate's outfit is too cute! Xoxo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete