The theme for Autumn's first birthday party was Minnie Mouse, who she adores. If you have been following along you know that there is another short, red, furry, three year old that Autumn has fallen in love with over the last year. So, with that being said, our theme this year was Elmo!
It was amazing to see what a difference one year makes. Last year Autumn wanted nothing to do with opening presents, she was much more interested in the wrapping paper, boxes and bows. This year she dove right in and knew exactly what to do!
One thing that has not changed is her response to everyone singing "Happy Birthday". Like last year, Autumn became very shy once everyone crowded around her and started singing. She kept her head tilted to the side and wouldn't make eye contact with anyone. Until we finished the song. Once the singing and clapping were over Autumn looked up and said, "Again!". So, "Happy Birthday" was sung twice, once for each year!
I had to remind myself to step back and take it all in. All of these people, who love my daughter, in one room celebrating her. It was a wonderful day from start to finish. Exhausting, but wonderful, and so worth it!










Great party Kim, thanks for including us. Sorry the kids couldn't make it but I am glad that I could help celebrate this wonderful event!
ReplyDeleteShe is gorgeous!! What a beautiful party you threw her!! I have someone here who loves Elmo too, but what's not to love right? I bet she adored her gifts and decorations. And all of the wonderful people there to celebrate with her :)
ReplyDeleteI wish I had an invite to her party! You did an amazing job. That is definitely a dream come true celebration for a two year old (Heck...even for a 38 year old like me!). She is so beautiful! Happy Birthday to Autumn!!
ReplyDeleteOh how cute. We are doing an Elmo themed first birthday! Can I ask where you got the favors! You did a great job mama!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys!
ReplyDeleteMelissa, I got the favors from an Etsy shop. Here is her link...http://www.etsy.com/people/hannahchocolatedream
They were awesome!