My sister's house did not come equipped with a chimney, so here Santa must make his entrance through the front door, as is made evident by the snowy foot prints he left behind! My nephew was amazed by the leftover evidence that Santa had actually been in his house (as if the eaten cookies and gifts under the tree were not enough!) Later in the day, as we traveled from house to house visiting, he made sure to tell everyone that he had seen Santa's footprints!
Although Autumn was not entirely sure of what was going on, she was sure that there were toys, and she was going to play with them! She loves the Cozy Coupe car that Santa dropped off and now has her very own rocking chair on the front porch, thanks to Grandma!
I thought Christmas was fun when I was a kid and the presents left under the tree were for me and my sisters. Little did I know how much more fun it is when those presents are for your own kids. Watching little faces light up in amazement and wonder, practicing old traditions that I did as a child with my parents and starting new ones of our own.
Late into the night on Christmas Eve, as my sister and I were putting the finishing touches on everything before rushing off to bed, I remember thinking this is what our parents did for us and now we get to do it for our babies. I think it is more fun being on this side.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas filled with family and friends!
This post is being shared at Momma Made It Look Easy






What a CUTE little Spiderman! And that car?!? To DIE for!
ReplyDeleteSure hope it's a fab and fun New Year for you!
He look so cute at Spiderman!! I am so glad to see you all enjoyed Christmas. Merry Christmas my blogging friend!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! I love to see the smiles on my kids faces. Even though they wouldn't even notice the way I have arranged the gifts or stockings or how many gifts have bows on them lol
ReplyDeleteI know it's perfect, and I'm only too pleased to be able to do it for my children :)
Kim, You hit the nail on the head again! Christmas is so much more fun watching it through my girls' smiles and excitement. Autumn looks so adorable in that Cozy Coupe! Santa made a great choice putting that into his sleigh.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and your family!!
I agree - I love watching my kids' eyes light up and them open their presents. I definitely love this side of it too! :)
ReplyDelete