I have fought the good fight and can say that I have reached my first goal. It has not been easy, by any means, but honestly staying clear of the breakfast buffet and fast food restaurants has not been the hardest part. Understanding that this is not a diet, which to me equates to a temporary change, but that this is a new lifestyle. That has been the biggest hurdle to overcome.
By having the understanding that this is a permanent change, I have been able to allow myself to indulge here and there, without going overboard. I know my point of no return and never go that far, but I also don't beat myself up over having one cupcake at a birthday party, or a margarita during a dinner date with friends. I cannot expect that I am never going to have those things again and so I am learning to have them in moderation. I have also learned that I love roasted vegetables, who knew?
With all of that being said, I have reached a point that I knew was coming. The point where watching what I eat is no longer dropping the number on the scale as quickly as it was before. I am still losing weight by keeping a healthy diet, but it is coming off much, MUCH slower. I am not a patient person, so I am going to have to do the unthinkable. I am going to have to exercise.
So what does a girl, who hasn't had a bit of strenuous physical activity (with the exception of child birth) since high school do? She's signs up for a 5K, duh.
That makes total sense.
In what I can only describe as a moment of temporary insanity, I registered for The Color Run. In 7 weeks I will be joining a group of my friends to huff and puff my way to some sort of finish line.
Last night I DUG a pair of old sneakers out of the under belly of my closet. Tonight I am going to put them on (hopefully they still fit) and start "training". By "training" I mean walk around the block a few times.
Hey, everybody's gotta start somewhere, right?
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Google Images |


Good for you, Kim! It's awesome to hear that you're reaching your goals. It seems you've got a great attitude about it, and that will help tremendously!
ReplyDeleteThe Color Run is so fun, and really a no-pressure event. I hope you love it!
Hope you all are doing great! <3
Thanks Stephanie! I am excited for the run, it looks like a lot of fun, and even if I walk most of it that's better than what I would normally be doing!
DeleteKim, you are such a witty writer! Good luck on your training, you can definitely do it. The important thing is to move right? So worst case scenario, even if you walk the whole thing, it's still great!
ReplyDeleteThank you Stevie! I keep telling myself that walking counts too! Anything is better than the alternative, right?
DeleteI am right with you and the after two kids deal...
ReplyDeleteahhh, the color run looks like so much fun. whenever i see photos, i think to myself "i hope to do that someday!" i'm rooting for you!
ReplyDeletei loved this post! xoxox
maria
Great job Kim. It is fun reaching new goals. I haven't run in a few years myself due to back problems. It does get easier the more you train. Good job on your first run as well.
ReplyDelete