For this project you will need a piece of plywood cut to your desired length (the handy helper at Home Depot cut mine for me), a jar of your favorite paint color (I used a pretty green called "Herbal Garden" by Behr ), a jar of white paint (or any other color you want to do the lettering in), a pencil, paintbrush, one tiny hand and two tiny feet.
![]() |
| Imagine that all of the other supplies listed are also pictured here...oops! |
I started by painting the wood that lovely green color and left it to dry overnight.
Once the paint was dry I drew the "L" and "E", making sure to center the letters and leaving enough space for the hand and foot prints.
Then this project got fun. Nate was up first and being that he was 4 months old at the time, he couldn't do to much to resist. I painted white paint on his little hand (making sure that it was just enough paint to cover his hand, but not too much that it would smear rather than leave a print). I placed his hand on the piece of wood, next to the "L" and gently pressed down, leaving an itty-bitty hand print, or "O".
After I cleaned Nate up, it was Autumn's turn. She has been through enough DIY projects with me to know the drill. I painted her feet with the white paint and placed each one (one at a time) on the wood, next to Nate's hand print. Each print I tilted (the left print, a little to the left and the right print, a little to the right) so that together they would resemble a "V".
Once the hard part was over, I painted in the "L" and "E" I had drawn with the remaining white paint.
The result was an adorable "LOVE" plaque, with Nate's hand print representing the "O" and Autumn's footprints making the "V". On the back, I wrote the ages Autumn and Nate were when the plaque was made and Steve fastened two wall hangers.
Our plaque is in our bedroom, above our closet doors, which happens to be opposite our bed. This plaque is one of the first things I see when I wake up in the morning.
If you make your own "LOVE" plaque make sure to leave a comment and let me know where you put yours!
This post is being shared at

.jpg)
.jpg)


That footprint/handprint idea is amazing! I wish I would have thought of that when my kids were little. :)
ReplyDeleteFranticmommy
Thank you! Thank you! I am so glad you stopped by!
DeleteWhat a lovely project! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm updated home decor. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for visiting!
DeleteI often forget how easily we can make such great pieces of craft if we take the effort. This is such a sweet effort. One that would for long remind you of the day you did this with your kids. I was going to have a wooden school plaque built with professional help. Now I think i just might make a craft lesson out of it. Great plaque.
ReplyDeleteA craft lesson sounds like a perfect idea! Thank you so much for stopping by!
DeleteIt's adorable and priceless! What a fabulous way to capture a moment in time. Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I love the way it turned out! Thanks for stopping by I really appreciate it!
DeleteThis is such a cute idea!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, I am so happy you stopped by!
DeleteYou are so creative! I so want to steal this idea. Glad you shared. Visiting from SITS.
ReplyDeleteherweightlossdiary.blogspot.com
Thank you so much and please steal it! It is so simple and something you will treasure!
DeleteThanks for stopping by!
I love this so much! I am a memento fiend... this project would be a perfect project for me. Happy SITS day! I look forward to visiting with you.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a lovely day.
xoxo
Thank you so much Jennifer! It was so easy to do and makes a perfect keepsake!
DeleteThis is such a wonderful project! My kids would get a kick out of helping make this. Thank you for posting.
ReplyDeleteYou are so welcome! I hope you make one of your own!
DeleteSuch a cute idea! Unfortunately, I can't use my babies' feet - they are 11 and 13 now :-) I can see why you pinned it! #SITSblogging
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by!
DeleteI LOVE this!! I will have to consider doing this before my kids get too big.
ReplyDeleteGo for it! It is so easy!
DeleteHi, visiting you via The SITS Girls. That is totally cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by!
Delete