You will need:
Cake
1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
Water
Vegetable Oil
3 eggs
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of sour cream
Whipped Frosting and Peppermint Garnish
1 bag of peppermint candies
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup of sugar
1 Tbs of peppermint extract
Begin by mixing the cake mix, water, oil and eggs as directed on the cake mix box.
Once mixed, add in the cup of chocolate chips and cup of sour cream.
Mix together.
Pour the cake batter into your greased cake/pie pans.
Bake the cakes as directed on the cake batter box.
Let cakes cool completely!
To make the whipped frosting and garnish begin by unwrapping all of the peppermint candies and crushing them.
In a mixing bowl combine the whipping cream, sugar and peppermint extract.
Blend until the frosting begins to form peaks.
Once the cakes are completely cooled, ice them.
Add peppermint garnish as desired.
I cannot wait to make this cake for dessert on Christmas Day!
Enjoy!








How cute! And sounds delish...=)
ReplyDeleteThis is the happiest little cake I've ever seen! :) It's so cute and it looks/sounds delicious! I'll have to make one for Christams, too. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteKim, I LOVE your blog makeup. It looks fantastic! You are on my blog love list but I must grab your button too. The cake recipe looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteGrabbing it now:)
ReplyDeleteMy kids would go crazy for that cake! They love peppermints!
ReplyDeleteI love chocolate and mint together. This looks like a slice of heaven to me. I'm so using this over the holidays. Thanks for posting!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh it looks FANTASTIC! And I love your blog's new look! :o)
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in Make Yourself Monday!!
Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes
First of all Loved you blog design! ;) Awesome love the colors!
ReplyDeleteSecond... How did it turned out? I almost ate it all! it was so refreshing with hint of crunch!;)
Thanks for linking back and it turned out great!! ;)
Angie
Umm, that looks fantastic! Can't wait for an opportunity to make it! You can visit me at http://cinderelladuty.blogspot.com!
ReplyDelete