Like the love of shoes.
Autumn is obsessed with shoes. Sneakers, flip flops, sandals. Her fancy shoes and her casual shoes, she does not discriminate. If there are a pair of shoes out, they must be on her feet.
This morning Autumn and I were going through our normal routine. I got her out of bed, changed her diaper and was heading into the kitchen to get her some juice. On our way into the kitchen we passed the dining room table where her sandals, that she wore out last night, were sitting. I saw them, but didn't think twice and kept moving. Autumn got her juice and we were headed into the living room to turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. That's when she stopped dead in her tracks, quickly turned and headed for the table.
Autumn spent the next few seconds standing in front of the table, with her beloved shoes just out of arm's reach. "Shoes, Shoes, Shoes" she repeated to me, pointing. So, I picked the shoes up and handed them to her. What was I thinking? Just holding them was not going to suffice, they were here and so they needed to be on her feet.
(Please excuse the Halloween pajamas, if it fits it gets worn!)
Explaining to Autumn that she was wearing pajamas with feet was not going to matter. So the shoes went on, and she took off, as happy as could be.
So, as I was saying, she may favor Steve in the looks department, but a love like that can only come from Mama!
This post is being shared at Growing Up Geeky for Toddle Along Tuesday!


Awww, she's just too cute! Unfortunately, I missed the shoe gene. I can't stand going shoe shopping, how crazy is that?
ReplyDeleteComing over from tottle along Tuesday. That is so cute. My Shirley temple is a bit crazy over shoes too!
ReplyDelete