Image Map

Girl's Day Out

 03 July 2011

On long weekends like these my husband and I like to split the weekend if we can. What I mean by "splitting" is, he gets Saturday to go and do whatever he would like to do with his friends (which usually includes fishing) and I get Sunday to do whatever I would like to do (which usually includes shopping). Then on the third day we spend time as a family.

Today was my day of our "split" weekend, and yes, it did include some shopping. It also included eating and lots and lots of laughing. I spent my day with one of my oldest friends, who is a first-time mommy to a handsome two month old boy, and her mother, who I adore.

We were so excited to leave the house with our purses instead of diaper bags, to be able to sit through a whole meal, at a restaurant, without a child in a lap or a bottle on the table. To be able to browse through a store without pushing a stroller into a rack of clothes. While all of these things were nice, we spent a lot of the time talking about our babies, calling or texting to check up on our babies and shopping for our babies.

Don't get me wrong, we had a fabulous time spending the day together, but as hard as we may try to get a day "away", our children are never far from our minds. It's part of the job description.

This is who greeted me when I got home


This "day out" ended with a dip in the pool and my family who I am thankful to come home to.