Image Map

I Scream, You Scream...eh, you know the rest.

 18 March 2014

With the arrival of February came another round of party planning. We tackled Minnie Mouse for Autumn's first birthday, said "Happy Birthday" to Elmo for her second celebration and dressed up like Rapunzel last year.

This year it was all about ice cream.

There is an adorable old fashioned ice cream shop in town that we love to frequent. So, in the interest of shaking things up a bit (translation: I did not want to clean my house), we decided to throw Autumn's fourth birthday party there.

After being welcomed into Autumn's old fashioned ice cream parlor, guests dined on an array of finger foods, jars of lemonade and cupcakes.



Entertainment was provided by Ms. Shirley, the storyteller.



And of course, there was lots and lots of ice cream had by all.


After all of the presents had been opened, the candles blown out and the cupcakes eaten up, each of Autumn's friends left with their own rice krispie treat sundae (or, as my brother-in-law called it "a sugar high in a bag". You're welcome!)



As much as I love planning and throwing the kid's birthday parties, I would be lying if I didn't say that I am relieved that this year's are done. Apparently, Autumn does not feel the same way. Ever the planner like her Mama, she has already informed me what she would like next year's theme to be!