Image Map

DIY: Easter Bunny Blocks

 20 March 2014

Since today is the first official day of Spring I thought a quick and easy Easter tutorial would be fitting. Truth be told, I actually took my St. Patrick's Day decorations down the day before the big sha-bang. The birds chirping and flowers popping up was enough motivation for me to get in the Spring spirit.

This project was inspired by a pin I came across on Pinterest (shocking, I know). The following supplies are needed to create your Easter blocks:



  • 3 2 x 4 blocks cut to your desired size. I had Steve cut mine into one 4 inch, one 5 inch and one 6 inch block
  • White paint
  • 3 different paint colors of your choosing
  • A pencil
  • A paintbrush
  • A bunny outline(s) or stencil(s). I did not have either of these on hand while creating my blocks, so I actually drew the bunnies onto the blocks myself. Either approach works!
  • A hot glue gun
  • Three cotton balls


I began by painting each of my blocks white and allowed them to dry overnight.

Once dry, I drew each of the bunnies onto the blocks and painted each bunny a different color.

After allowing the painted bunnies to dry, I super glued the cotton balls onto the bunnies creating their fluffy white tails.



And there you have it! My Easter Bunny Blocks now sit in a place of honor on my spring mantle!