Image Map

DIY: Toddler Bedroom Wall Hangings

 09 October 2012

When I was re-doing Autumn's room, going from her baby decor into more of a grown up toddler room, I started to notice that her walls seemed bare. Once we moved her baby crib out and exchanged it for a toddler bed, and with some other rearranging, it seemed there was much more empty space then there had been before.

Having just spent money on her new bedding and several other accessories for her room, I needed an inexpensive way to fill in some of that space. So where did I turn? Pinterest, of course!

I found this pin. It looked adorable and seemed easy enough, so I headed to Hobby Lobby to pick up my supplies, and got to work.

To complete this project you will need, 4 blank canvases (You can do varying sizes or all the same. I am way to Type A to go the varying sizes route, so mine are all 8x10), 4 different colored paints for the backdrops of the canvases. 1 bottle of white paint (I actually used pearl, which gave it a bit of a shimmered look), a paint brush, and finally, 2 adorable toddler hands and 2 adorable toddler feet.


First, I painted the four canvases, one in each of the colors I had chosen. 


Once the canvases were dry, I painted each of Autumn's hands and feet and laid them on the canvases, leaving the imprints. 



Once the hand and foot prints were dry, I hung the canvases on the wall, stood back and admired my work!


This was such a quick and easy project, filled up the empty wall space and made a great keepsake!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, Kim! Love the colors and how you arranged them...so sweet! Hope you are feeling well! Happy weekend!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Kim!! Looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete