Image Map

Happy 4th to All!

 06 July 2012

Truth be told, the 4th of July is not my favorite holiday. I have some issues with my ears and loud noises are not my friend. So obviously, fireworks and I do not get along. Growing up, my Dad loved the 4th of July. We would either stay home and watch him set off fireworks in front of our house or we would go to a huge pier a few cities away and watch professional fireworks being set off over the ocean.

I always preferred staying home because I could sit in the car and watch the fireworks from the driveway.

With Autumn being so young and it being so hot in July, we have stayed home the last two years. This year we did venture out, but only to a local restaurant for burgers and hot dogs and then to an ice cream shop for dessert. Then it was back home for fireworks in front of a neighbor's house. There were no crowds and Autumn was in bed by 9. It was perfect.

For those of you who love the vibrating boom of fireworks, I hope you had a fabulous holiday. And for those of you who prefer to watch from the inside of a car, ears plugged, I'm right there with ya.

Happy 4th to all!




4 comments:

  1. Autumn is so super cute Kim!! I love those pics... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all enjoyed a nice, relaxing fourth!! Ahh, the photos are too cute! Autumn is adorable in her festive clothes!
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend, Kim!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria, we did! I hope you guys enjoyed your holiday as well!

      Have a great week!

      Delete