It took a little explaining on my part before Autumn understood why she could not stay in her PK2 class with teachers that she loves. Luckily, all of her friends will be moving into the next class with her, which for someone who does not like change, was a comfort.
Late last week we visited the school for orientation and Autumn was able to visit her new "big girl classroom" and meet her new teachers, Ms. Ashley and Ms. Michelle. She seemed much more excited to start the new year after getting to check out the classroom, play with some of the toys and catch up with her friends. Since then everyone that she sees gets told the names of her new teachers!
In keeping with tradition, Autumn posed for a "First day of school picture" the morning of her first day. Last year when I took her picture here I didn't notice the chair rail (which was then ABOVE her head). It wasn't until I took another picture at the end of the year, against the same wall, and compared that I noticed that chair rail was no longer towering over her. I think it is safe to say that this year Autumn is towering over that chair rail.
If you have kiddos, I hope they had a fabulous first day of school! If you were not partaking in the "First Day of School" festivities this year, I hope you survived the traffic!


