When Steve and I were dating, like most new, can't-go-a-second-without-hearing-your-voice, relationships we talked on the phone. Constantly. We talked about everything. His family, my family, school, work, friends, what we were going to do that weekend, what we were going to do next weekend, getting married, having children, where we would live and what type of house we would live in.
Well, one day, years from when most of these lengthy, hour(s) long conversations took place, that chatty guy and gal actually did get married, and have children, and bought a house.
In that order, actually.
In the summer of 2010, that house that Steve and I used to daydream about actually became a reality. We bought a house. Not a new outfit, or a new pet, or a new car, we bought a house. This was huge! We had spent months looking, and looking, and looking and just when we felt as though we would never come across anything that even came close to what we wanted, we found it. And trust me, compared to some of the places we looked at, walking into this house was like walking into the Taj Mahal.
When we bought our house Autumn was 6 months old. One of our first projects after moving in was to update the hall bathroom next to Autumn's room. After Steve finished painting we dipped Autumn's hands in paint and put her handprints on the wall.
This is the place where Autumn took her first steps. Nate was brought home from the hospital to this house. We have had every one of Autumn's birthday parties in this house and will have Nate's here too.
It's not perfect by any means, the list of improvements that we would like to make is ever growing. I wish the kitchen and living room were bigger (and if it could clean itself that would be a plus too!), but, it is ours.
This place, that we used to only dream about, is where Steve and I now plan our future. Where we listen to our babies laugh and watch them grow.
I know that the day will come when we will out grow this house. We did not buy it with the intention of it being our "forever house", but after being here, living here, I have decided that Steve better learn how to write up a rental agreement, because I don't know that I will be able to part with it.
I love to hear Autumn in the car, as we round the corner and pull into the driveway, yell "WE'RE HOME!"
This house is our home.
When we bought our house Autumn was 6 months old. One of our first projects after moving in was to update the hall bathroom next to Autumn's room. After Steve finished painting we dipped Autumn's hands in paint and put her handprints on the wall.
This is the place where Autumn took her first steps. Nate was brought home from the hospital to this house. We have had every one of Autumn's birthday parties in this house and will have Nate's here too.
It's not perfect by any means, the list of improvements that we would like to make is ever growing. I wish the kitchen and living room were bigger (and if it could clean itself that would be a plus too!), but, it is ours.
This place, that we used to only dream about, is where Steve and I now plan our future. Where we listen to our babies laugh and watch them grow.
I know that the day will come when we will out grow this house. We did not buy it with the intention of it being our "forever house", but after being here, living here, I have decided that Steve better learn how to write up a rental agreement, because I don't know that I will be able to part with it.
I love to hear Autumn in the car, as we round the corner and pull into the driveway, yell "WE'RE HOME!"
This house is our home.
"Our house is a very, very fine house.
With two cats in the yard,
Life used to be so hard.
Now everything is easy,
cause of you."
~Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
~Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young