Image Map

Hungry People are {not as} Mean ~ An Update

 19 September 2013

It has been almost 4 months to the day since I posted about my lifestyle change. Four months ago I was going through sweet tea withdrawals, struggling with eating Lean Cuisines for lunch everyday, not yet exercising, and figuring out how to turn a diet into a lifestyle.

Things have definitely improved! I am no longer day dreaming about a glass of ice cold sweet tea (truthfully, I am trying to remember the last time I had one), I no longer mind the Lean Cuisines and have started mixing in other options, I run three nights a week and was working up to 3 miles a night before my hip temporarily side lined me (that's for another post) and I think I can now say that this lifestyle change is complete.

My original goal was to lose the weight still hanging around from my last pregnancy. I accomplished that and decided to keep going and set the bar higher. I figured that after almost 10 years of marriage it was time to get myself back to my "wedding dress weight".

I started this journey 4 months and 15 days ago and this morning I reached my goal. I am now .4 pounds (hey, every little bit counts) lighter than I was the day I got married, for a total loss of 30 pounds.

It feels good.

I love that the meals we are eating are thought out and healthy, but don't get me wrong, every night is not a home run. Autumn has gymnastics one night a week and we are usually pressed for time so that's a pizza night. I love that when I walk out of my bedroom dressed in my running clothes Autumn says "Have a good run Mom!". It makes me smile when she puts her tiny feet into my sneakers and tells me that she is going to go on a run of her own.

Two weeks ago I finished my first 5K and guess who was waiting for me at the finish line cheering me on? Steve, Autumn and Nate!

There are many areas where I fall short as a parent, but this is one where I now feel like I am succeeding. I am showing my children a healthier way to live. Five months ago I couldn't say that.

For those who are curious, here are a few tools I used (and continue to use):

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't be more proud, impressed, inspired and motivated. This post is exactly why I want to do this, for my babies I haven't even met yet. I'm struggling now but this makes me feel like it's possible. Thank you for sharing your journey. Gonna inbox u on fb soon for some much needed help!!! Love u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks girl! It is not always easy...I make a decision everyday (or every meal) that I am going to eat the right things. Allowing myself to splurge here and there is healthy too but I make sure not to cross the line and always pick up where I left off.

      My mantra is "If I don't quit, I haven't failed".

      Inbox me, I will help as much as I can!

      Delete
  2. Oh Kim good on you!! I am so happy for you and you look great!! I am so proud of you, I want to do what you have done...I lack so much self discipline :(
    Thanks for sharing your weight loss journey with us :) Keep up the excellent work xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kerry!! It's not easy but it is SO worth it!

      Delete
  3. 30 pounds is amazing! You should be so proud. I think Weight Watchers is such a great program. I have used it before and learned so much. I don't always use what I learned, haha, but it did open my eyes quite a bit. Congrats on your positive changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stevie! Weight Watchers is an awesome program that really re-trains you how to eat while you lose the weight.

      Delete