On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 Autumn officially graduated from VPK.
She and the rest of her classmates, adorned in their dark green caps and gowns, walked across the stage, shook hands with their teacher and received their diplomas.
It was a very proud moment for my little girl. It was a proud moment for Mama too and just as I thought I was about to see all that pride seep out of my eyes and make my mascara run down my cheeks, I heard them say what Autumn wanted to be when she grows up.
As each child made that long walk to get that rolled up piece of paper - they would announce their full name, the school they are headed to for kindergarten and what they wanted to be when they grown up. As Autumn walked - and I started to cry - I heard "and Autumn wants to be a mermaid when she grows up." and those tears were mixed with laughter.
That's my girl. In a crowd of kids who aspire to be football players, teachers, doctors, firemen and police officers, she wants to be a mermaid.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.
I hope kindergarten is ready for my little mermaid.
And for posterity sake here is our VPK first day/last day side-by-side:



